I have a little quiz for you today. No groaning. There are just a few questions, but you have to promise to answer honestly. No hedging or justifying – just a simple yes or no.
- If you are going somewhere by car and traveling with others, short or long distance, do you prefer to be the driver?
- Do you prefer to do certain jobs around the house yourself (mowing the lawn, putting dishes in the dishwasher, doing laundry, etc) and typically reject offers for help in these areas?
- Do you take a leading role in projects and sometimes secretly revise others’ work when you are part of a group presentation?
- Do you seek opportunities at work or church where you can right the wrongs that you see (maybe you think the former person in this role didn’t put their full effort into the position)?
- Do you ever feel like your prayers are directing God?
I’m sure I could create more questions in other areas of life, but these are enough for now. How did you score? Did you answer yes to 3 of the 5 questions? I think it’s time for all of us to look into the areas where we feel we need to be in control.